You'll Love Working at Yoder Barns!
Project Manager: Construction Foreman
Salary: Up to $70K annual salary with incentives based on experience.
Yoder Barns is expanding and looking for motivated, hard-working individuals to join our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy seeing projects completed to spec, on time and on budget, then Yoder Barns could be an exciting opportunity for you!
Originally founded by the Amish, Yoder Barns has built a reputation on quality Amish construction, transparent pricing, and the most responsive customer service. From our West Salem office Yoder Barns provides pole barns, pole buildings and custom sheds throughout Ohio. We work with several Amish construction crews to get our pole buildings custom built within the scope of the project plan. The Project Manager at Yoder Barns is instrumental in managing the construction crews, materials, deadlines, and expectations across multiple building sites.
Project Managers report directly to Owner and Operations Manager, Adam Whitney, at the West Salem location while driving between new and on-going projects in our service area.
Construction Project Manager: Job Description
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
• Knowledge of building and construction techniques
• Experience in construction, building projects or working with laborers
• Experience leading a crew of construction laborers or supervising multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and strong ability to work with teams.
• Must embrace the use of technologies like mobile phones, tablets, email, and computers and be willing to learn new project management software and other programs to manage projects with continuously improving efficiencies
• The ability to drive a trailer and/or heavy equipment is a plus but not required
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, clean record and be drug-free
• Willing to train the right candidate with demonstrated potential
• Read specifications, such as building plans, to determine construction requirements and plan procedures.
• Inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and ensure that specifications are met.
• Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of workers.
• Keep customers updated regarding project progress and expectations and communicate answers to their questions
• Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
• Estimate material and crew requirements to complete each project.
• Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
• Work with Operations Manager to order and manage delivery of supplies.
• Communicate with other contractors to coordinate activities.
• Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
• Occasionally aid workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
• Record information to report on factors including personnel, production, or operational data.
• Competitive base salary up to $70K/year based on experience
• Incentive bonuses
• On-the-job training
• Opportunities for career growth as the company grows
• Employee benefits available
• Paid holidays and vacation