Hiring a Carpenter / Driver for Amish Crews
Job Opening: Carpenter/Driver
Pay: Hourly pay $20-22/hour PLUS overtime PLUS company vehicle
40-50 hours/week will pay up to $60K/yr with incentives and company-paid vehicle.
Compensation based on experience and performance.
Yoder Barns is growing and looking for motivated, hard-working individuals to join our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy seeing building projects completed on time and on budget, then Yoder Barns could be an exciting opportunity for you!
Originally founded by the Amish, Yoder Barns has built a reputation on quality Amish construction, transparent pricing, and the most responsive customer service. From our West Salem office Yoder Barns provides pole barns, pole buildings and custom sheds throughout Ohio. We work with several Amish construction crews to get our pole buildings custom built within the scope of the project plan. The Carpenter/Driver position at Yoder Barns is instrumental in transporting the Amish construction crews, materials, and equipment across multiple building sites.
Carpenter/Driver report directly to Project Manager while driving between new and on-going projects in our service area.
Carpenter/Driver: Job Description
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean record and be drug-free
• Must have high competency levels of driving a full-size crew cab pick-up truck pulling a cargo trailer full of heavy equipment and supplies
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
• Knowledge of building and construction techniques
• Experience in construction, building projects or working with laborers
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and strong ability to work with teams.
• The ability to drive a trailer and/or heavy equipment is required
• Willing to train the right candidate with demonstrated potential
• Drive Amish crews to job sites
• Deliver equipment and supplies to job sites
• Helping to build sheds and outdoor structures on-site.
• Work with Project Manager to get direction and communicate updates.
• Communicate with other contractors to coordinate activities.
• Aid workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
• Company vehicle provided. Insurance, fuel and maintenance paid by Yoder Barns.
• Competitive base salary up to $60K/year based on experience
• Incentive bonuses
• On-the-job training
• Opportunities for career growth as the company grows